One third of new year’s resolutions are broken by the end of January, according to the New York Times. So resolutions, these are not. But these are my hopes and wishes for the new year, in no particular order.
- I hope to lose the same 20 pounds I’ve lost 3 times before, but keep them off for more than a week.
- I wish that congress would put their constituents first and their personal agendas last, and finally address the “fiscal cliff” (US).
- I hope to never hear “fiscal cliff” again.
- I want to make better photographs using only available light.
- I hope and pray that the innocent lives lost to gun violence will not have been lost in vain.
- I plan to “always be in a book”.
- I (we) plan to do some new and exciting things on the blog… stay tuned.
- I intend to visit more museums and attend more theater. I live just outside of Boston after all.
- I hope to really clean the garage, really.
- And I wish only good things for family, friends and those in need.
That’s what I’m wishing for this year.
What about you? What’s on your wish list?